Monday, July 23, 2012

Good days and bad days

This is the latter unfortunately.  

This is one of those days where you can really feel the ligament move around and it actually hurts.  It's not just sore or inflamed, it flat out hurts.  

You never know what you did to make it hurt either. Was it a bad lift at the gym? Was it weeding yesterday?  Was it something simple like moving the seats back in the car?  

Who knows?  All I know is that it hurts today.  So, it's going to be an "ice twice" day.  Once now...while it's hurting, and once again after I run through my PT routine this afternoon.

Long road.  It feels like it just gets longer and longer.  I have to remember though that I can do a LOT more now than I could in the beginning.  It's actually pretty amazing.  I'm doing shoulder exercises with 5 pounds now instead of 2.  Just a lot of different and interesting things that you realize you can now do.  That's probably important to keep in mind as you recover.  You need to have your little mileposts as you go and be sure to recognize each time you pass a milepost. 

It's easier to say than do, but it's important.  

No comments:

Post a Comment