Monday, January 7, 2013

Bullpen and BP on Saturday

As I've mentioned, we've been holding some BP and bullpen sessions on Saturdays down at Newport High School.

By the way, Newport is another crazy good secret spot.  The cages are always unlocked. They're undercover.  They are lit. There are L-Screens already there.  They even have the nice sturdy wooden mounds. This is a great place that's centrally located and always available. 

They also maintain this place.  They don't let it rot like Lake Washington does. Plus, the janitor guy is there every Saturday morning and he's always painting.  I don't know how many more coats of paint the interior needs, but apparently it's a lot.  We think he likes his quiet Saturdays working in the office upstairs and uses "painting" to get away from his family.  

Had another good session hitting the ball.  I think having no pain is a gigantic deal. You don't realize how lousy you feel until you don't feel it.

Throwing wasn't as successful.  I didn't feel great and I couldn't figure out what it was.  I'm guessing it was something with my mechanics, but I had no idea what.  It was frustrating either way. My targeting was mediocre and velocity was way down.  

It's a bummer and probably a case of "Don't worry about it, you'll get there." However when you're trying to throw the heat and it's just not there...that's a mighty odd feeling.


No comments:

Post a Comment