Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Onward!

A lot has happened in the last few weeks which has kept me from updating this blog.  Once I can talk a little bit more about it I will.

Let me just say that overall, people are fantastic. I really have a lot to be thankful for and let it go at that for now.

My recovery has taken a big step forward.  I'm back to lifting some weight on it and even managed a few assisted pullups yesterday.  I think this is a pretty big corner that I've turned.  For some reason, everything feels stronger and hurts less.  What actually hurts is the muscle surrounding the ligament.  I haven't felt ligament pain in a while.

Now, I'm not saying I'm going to run out and start bench pressing 250 again, but I am getting more and more comfortable with the idea that I'll be able too soon.  I'll give it another test tomorrow with a bunch of yard work, but I really feel strong and able.

You want a little secret.  I threw a few rocks for the dogs at the beach last weekend.  I also threw two apples at the uber-annoying blue jays that seem to love our tree.  I missed, but it had a little gas behind it.  I didn't hurt afterwards either.

Ryan Alvis, my TJ brother and I met up at a recent Indians game and shared a few stories. He's really been a big help even though he doesn't realize it.  He even confessed that he threw a football....and it felt ok.  If we get on the same team next year...people better look out.  It will be absolutely frightening.


No comments:

Post a Comment