Thursday, March 14, 2013

Not pain, just different

So I think the pain I've been feeling in the elbow has been from getting into "Maui" shape.  I've been going way too hard on the weights.

I'm changing direction now and moving toward the movement training as well as the really heavy leg items.  I'm doing a ton of lunges, squats, deadlifts, etc.  I'm also doing plyometric routines to try to get my agility back up and going.

We had a great practice on a field last week.  I ran around like a deer chasing balls down in the outfield and felt great.  I also made a lot of longer throws at about 130 feet or so and they seemed to have some zip and accuracy.

I then threw about 30 pitches off of the mound with no pain.  The FB, change, and new 2 seamer all were working just great.  However, the velocity is still down.


No comments:

Post a Comment