Monday, October 15, 2012

Baseball toss

I managed to get some time and room at the gym to start my baseball throwing today.  Today was 20 tosses at about 15 feet.

Overall it felt pretty good.  I'm using my elbow significantly less honestly.  I feel that I'm driving with my legs more and am using everything BUT my elbow.  I'm also coming through a lot wider in my delivery so far.  In other words, I've got quite a 3/4 delivery going right now.  I'm sure that will change as I get more comfortable with throwing, but I'm going to try to keep the good stuff if you will.

I'm going easy at the gym and sticking to just cardio and core. My surgery site has been getting a little balky and sore this last week or so.  I've gone back to my lefty mouse  at work which should help.  I think a week off will do it about right. I need it anyway.

It's surprisingly hard to throw softly.  I always feel like I can let it rip, but I know there will be consequences if I do. I don't want to derail anything.  One muscle that's really interestingly sore is the tricep right behind the elbow.  It's definitely not the ligament itself, but it's a muscle around it.  It's really a weird thing.  It's definitely one of those muscles that you didn't know you used when you throw.

It's off and running though.  We'll see how it goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment