Monday, October 8, 2012

Throwing program

The throwing program started today.

I threw a tennis ball at what was supposed to be 30 feet 20 times very lightly.  I can't believe I almost started sweating.

It felt ok. There was a little tightness on my tricep right at the elbow but nothing in the ligament itself.  It was harder than I thought it would be.  My form felt good.

It's all flat ground.  It's in my office actually since we have a lot of room for now.  I toss against an exposed brick wall.  I only nearly hit Bob (my test lead) once and it was on a bad brick bounce.  Plus, it's a tennis ball and it wouldn't have hurt him too much.

So, the routine is to throw on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.  This week it's 20 tosses with a tennis ball at 30 feet.  Next week it's a baseball.

It's scary man. I've gotta be honest. I'm not as worried with the tennis ball, but the baseball is a totally different story.  I kept waiting for the ligament to hurt like it used to, but there wasn't any pain.  There's not any soreness yet.  I'll ice it tonight just in case.

I'm starting to wonder if this is going to be more of a mental challenge than a physical one. The throwing program ramps up pretty quickly actually and I'll post it once I get it in Excel.

If you wonder....I am supposed to be up to 90 throws at various ranges in 21 weeks or 5 months.  That puts me right at about Spring Training time to start throwing a few fastballs.

I suppose that's how it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment