Thursday, March 22, 2012

Support & Inspiration

You know, it's always great to know that people are out there waiting to support you in any way that they can. My dear fiance' Katy, despite being ridiculously busy, is on hand for the next few days to make sure I don't do anything stupid to injure myself further.

My dear friends Teri and Jenn also let me know that someone else was cheering for me.  They were awesome enough to think of me and get me a little gift. 



Jake Peavy, 2007 NL Cy Young winner has had a tough go of it the last few years.  He recently had surgery to reattach the latissimus muscle in his back and ended up missing that entire season.  But he didn't give up.  He's back at Spring Training with the White Sox and recently pitched 5 innings of shutout ball against the Mariners.

He's a guy that plays hard whether he's pitching or hitting; whether he's hurt or healthy; and whether he's succeeding or failing.  He never gives up on himself.

I'm lucky enough that I have people around me to not give up on me either.  If they're not going to give up on me, no way am I giving up on myself.  Katy is standing by me ready to do whatever is necessary to help me get through this recovery.  Friends at work have offered to open doors or carry bags. Friends and family in other states are being supportive.

It's a good day to be thankful for people in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment